Recommended guidelines for submissions:
[Please see the ethics statement at the bottom of this page]
Postdoc Journal accepts original research papers, reviews, methodologies, perspectives, progress articles, commentaries, and research highlights. All submissions are peer-reviewed to ensure factual accuracy, appropriate citations and scholarly balance. The following guidelines represent some broad criteria to be considered before submission:
1. There is no single, requisite format for Original Research and Review papers; however, authors should strive to adhere to a standard format from a premier journal in their respective field(s).
2. There is no specific length requirement for a Review paper, but most papers should be between 3000 and 4000 words.
3. The scope of a Review Paper should be broad and not dominated by authors' own research.
4. Progress articles, which focus on authors' own research, as opposed to review papers, should not exceed 2,000 words, 5 display items, and 50 citations.
5. Research highlights are 300- to 500-word summaries of a recent research paper (published in any journal within the last 60-90 days) that has an impact on the ongoing research in your field. Highlights should specifically discuss the positive and negative impact of the published data.
6. Submissions may include up to 6 display items (figures, tables, boxes, etc.)
7. The number of citations is limited to 100, and fewer than 20% of all references should be self-citations.
8. In-text citations should be presented using the (Name, year) format.
9. Reviews may be supplemented by a glossary for lay readers, and papers in all disciplines are encouraged.
10. Authors must provide a competing financial interests statement before publication.
11. Authors may be requested to suggest 3-5 potential referees.
12. For a sample of published manuscripts please click here.
The submission-to-acceptance time for well-written articles has generally been less than 6 weeks, with a much smaller time for research highlights.
For any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the editorial board any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for Formatting Guidelines
All work submitted to Postdoc Journal must be original and cannot have been previously published or under consideration for publication elsewhere. In addition, Postdoc Journal does not accept any form of plagiarism, data or image manipulation, copyright infringement, or any other attempt to defraud the journal or its readers. All potential conflicts of interest should be declared during submission, and all authors should meet the ICMJE Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals:
1. Substantial contributions to conception and design, acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data;
2. Drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content; and
3. Final approval of the version to be published.
Any manuscripts found to be in breach of these guidelines may be retracted by the journal, and in extreme cases, individuals may be reported to their institutions.